Pranayama and science of breathing
Prana is the fundamental basis of whatever is, was and will be in the universe and all that exists in all the three worlds consisting of earth, atmosphere or sky, and heaven, making up the universe is under the governance of Prana. The Prana is one’s greatest friend, companion and there is no greater kinsman. (read more>>>)
It unites you with the world through the exchange of air in your lungs. And it provides a unique doorway into every aspect of your manifest being.
Breathing is our first and most fundamental motor pattern. Every single person carries the breath with them every single day. Yet a surprising proportion of people have breathing pattern disorders, sleep-disordered breathing and a poor understanding of the breath.
As the world is in the grip of a virus attacking respiratory health, it’s important to make our lungs as healthy and resilient as possible!
The new science of breathing teaches us that we can strengthen lung function while controlling our anxiety, panic attacks and body’s metabolism with breathing.
The way you breathe influences how your body processes oxygen. Unhealthy breathing can reduce the amount of oxygen that is released from the lungs to the blood, and from the blood to the tissues and cells.
Our Pranayama practices can be used in sport and endurance, and as a primary or adjunct therapy for physical and mental health conditions including anxiety, panic disorder, depression, sleep apnea, insomnia, hypertension, diabetes, epilepsy, childhood development, behavioral disorders, asthma, menopause, headache, back pain, chronic pain conditions and even some medically unexplained symptoms.
Learn techniques, which integrate evidence-based medical research with practices derived from ancient wisdom traditions, increase energy, restore calm, allow us to sleep better and can be an important component of a weight loss program.
These Pranayama and Functional Breathing courses will help you to :
- strengthen lung functionality
- improve respiratory muscle strength
- restore calm, manage anxiety and assist with panic attacks
- promote better sleep and a better quality of life
- boost energy and focus and reduce anxiety
- manage symptoms of many common health complaints.
Asanas (Postures of yoga) Vs Movement
Action is movement with intelligence …., sounds a lot like the definition of Mobility.
The problem with mainstream and modern-day yoga is that there is less conscious movement with more of an emphasis on deep poses and prolonged stretching. Without conscious movement, we lose the ability to regulate and have that conversation with our body to maintain our normative end range positions and that contributes to the development of hypermobile joints and unstable athletes.
Most people don’t define the difference between usable and unusable. They have this idea that when you’re flexible, or bendable, your nervous system will automatically be able to use that flexibility when it produces movement. What the neurology tells us is that that’s not exactly true; unless you train the body to access your flexibility, it’ll never be able to use it in movement production.
By training the body on a regular basis, moving joints through their full range of motion, challenging joints to expand range of motion, ensuring joint health, monitoring joint health, promoting joint health, what these things do is it prepares your stuff: your muscles, your ligaments, your capsules. That tells your brain where you are in space. And when your brain has a more accurate picture of where you are in space and what you’re capable of, it can then organize its movements better.
I look for practices of yoga which helps to first maximize the ability for the joint capsule to function. It’s the deepest tissue in any joint; if your joint capsule doesn’t function, training your superficial muscles is almost a waste of time. When you move, your brain receives messages from your joint capsule first. So, the first bit of information to go to the brain is from your joint capsule.
If you want to learn more about the science of movement and Asanas( postures in yoga) more deeper and making your practice more effective and injury free, feel free to approach me and join me. Asanas are not just postures , there are lot more to learn.
contact me here for consultation
contact for short professional development courses with certification under Yoga alliance.
Breath is the foundation of wellness and performance. The average person will take over a half a billion breaths in their lifetime, with most of them being sub-optimal. How we breathe influences virtually every area of our physical and mental well-being. Some of the areas impacted by sub-optimal breathing are, premature ageing, lowered cognitive ability (up to 30%), digestion issues, weight gain, sleep issues, stress, anxiety and reduced athletic performance.
Functional Pranayama techniques works with individuals, coaches and companies to achieve wellness and performance outcomes. We also have found that many elite athletes and high performing executives can still perform at the highest level even with poor breathing patterns. These people have a superhuman ability to grind it out and are doing it much tougher than they need to be. From a performance perspective these people are at risk of premature burnout and significantly increase their risks of serious medical issues. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or to book.
Yogic valley offers
- One on one coaching
- Group workshops
- Group training
- Corporate training
- Online programs
- Zoom sessions
- 50Hrs teacher training in Functional Pranayama
“PRANASYEDAM VASE SARVAM, TRIDIVE YAT PRATISTITHAM. MAATEVA PUTRAN RAKSJASVA, SREESCHA PRAGNAMCHA VIDEHINA ITI “
200 Hrs , 100Hrs and 50 Hrs Yoga therapy teacher training (Online)
Yoga Therapy is an ancient and self-empowering healing disciple that treats the person who is suffering – rather than their diagnosis. Yoga Therapists apply a wide range of Yoga and meditation tools in a great variety of therapeutic and evidence-based situations.
Our approach to Yoga Therapy leverages the powerful connections between body, breath, mind, behavior, and emotions and how they work together. Our students become skilled at creating personalized Yoga and meditation practices that meet each individual where they are. Students learn to restore balance, improve wellbeing, and address the health issues specific to each person.
Becoming skilled as a Yoga Therapist requires both a thorough knowledge of Yoga’s perspective on how the human system functions as well as practical expertise in the distinct ways that Yoga tools influence the system in its various dimensions.
Accordingly, our program presents both theory and practice with special emphasis on helping trainees understand the practical application.
- 100 hrs and 50 hrs Functional movement and Yoga therapy certificate training
- 50 hrs certificate training in Stress management techniques
- 100 hrs teacher training certificate course in Yoga Nidra and Vestibular practices
- 50 hrs certificate training in Respiratory and immune function development
- 50 hrs training in understanding Movement and postural imbalances
- On demand Sessions on Functional range conditioning and mobility practices for Cricket Players and Badminton Players
- Virtual Office Yoga sessions and consultations ( on demand)
- Yoga for health of spine and Neurological Disfunctions
- Certificate teacher training in Acu-Yoga and Dynamic Pranayama practices.
- Certification on Neuroanatomy of foot and its application on proprioception
- Neurology of movement course (6 hours )
Learning and sharing is my passion. Positive health is for every person.
He teaches with authenticity and intuition. His deep knowledge of yoga guarantees you are in safe hands and his smile is infectious.
Contact me for more details if you are interested to organize or join yoga workshop or private training.
What My Clients Say about Me
what is yoga in my opinion?
- Yoga is the mastery and integration of the activities of mind.
- When people talk about Yoga they often think it has something to do with the physical being only. Yoga is a science that deals with body, breath, mind, soul, and ultimately, the universe itself. It is both practical and theoretical.
- Yoga science does not tell you what to do and what not to do, but teaches you how to be. Yoga science is a science of life that helps you to know the known and unknown parts of life.
- Yoga science creates a bridge between the internal and external conditions of life. Yoga is a way of improving yourself, a way of understanding your internal states. Whosoever you are, you have all the potentials within you.
- Yoga defines itself as a science–that is, as a practical, methodical, and systematic discipline or set of techniques that have the lofty goal of helping human beings to become aware of their deepest nature.